- The all-new KONA N features powerful exterior design elements, including an exclusive front grille design with an aggressive light signature, a double-wing roof spoiler, and body-coloured fenders that bring it visually closer to the ground.
- It features lightweight 19-inch forged alloy wheels with a dark grey finish and red callipers for a greater stance and sporty appearance.
- The all-new KONA N comes in seven exterior colours, including the new N SUV dedicated colour: Sonic Blue.
- Inside, it features metal pedals and the N-exclusive sports steering wheel optimised for the perfect grip and button layout.
- The interior colour trim is a one-tone black with Performance Blue accents on cloth, leather, or suede seats.
- The all-new Hyundai KONA N is equipped with a 2.0-litre T-GDI turbo engine generating 280 PS.
- The flat-power tuning provides more torque and power at mid and high-range RPMs.
- The new higher amount of torque utilises more of the engine’s potential in everyday driving situations.
- It also improves acceleration in the mid and high-speed range and delivers high performance consistently.
- Maximum torque: 392 Nm.
- Acceleration: 0-100 km/h in 6.4 seconds
- SUV versatility: the ’hot SUV’ was developed to offer customers uncompromising performance along with the fun-to-drive philosophy with SUV benefits, such as a convenient seating position, roominess, and the latest safety features.
- Brake enhancement: enlarged front and rear disc brakes.
- The all-new KONA N is available with an 8-speed Dual-Clutch Transmission (N DCT).
- The N DCT is a wet-type transmission.
- This results in better acceleration and a faster manual upshift.
- N DCT technology enables three new N performance functions for even more driving fun:
- N Power Shift (NPS) provides a push-feel when upshifting.
- N Grin Shift (NGS) delivers an extra boost operated by a button on the steering wheel to maximise engine and DCT performance for 20 seconds.
- N Track Sense Shift (NTS) determines whether the car is on the race track based on dynamic driving behaviour and optimises gear selection and shift timing accordingly.
- The shift pattern is applied differently depending on the drive mode selected by the driver.
- When the Creep Off function is enabled, the car does not automatically roll when the brake pedal is released.
- The all-new KONA N is equipped with front-wheel drive.
KONA N includes a range of N-specific functions, known from previous N models, that allow drivers to maximise performance, including:
- Launch Control.
- N Corner Carving Differential – Electronic Limited Slip Differential (eLSD).
- Popcorn exhaust sound.
- N Grin Control System with five drive modes: Normal, Eco, Sport, N, and Custom.
- Electronic Variable exhaust valve system.
- Electronic Controlled Suspension (ECS).
The all-new KONA N is available with the following Hyundai SmartSense active safety and convenience features, carried over from the new Hyundai KONA:
- Blind-Spot Collision-Avoidance Assist (BCA).
- Rear Cross Traffic Collision Avoidance Assist (RCCA).
- Smart Cruise Control (SCC) with stop and go.
- Leading Vehicle Departure Alert (LVDA).
- Lane Keeping Assist (LKA).
- Lane Following Assist (LFA).
- Intelligent Speed Limit Warning (ISLW).
- Safe Exit Warning (SEW).
- Rear Seat Alert (RSA).
- Forward Collision Assist with vehicle, pedestrian and optional cyclist detection (FCA).
- High Beam Assist (HBA).
- Driver Attention Warning (DAW).
Traction Control System (TCS) with four different Traction Modes for better handling over a variety of road conditions: Snow Mode, Deep Snow, Mud Mode, and Sand Mode.
- Performance Driving Data System to monitor and improve track skills.
- HUD: first head-up display in a Hyundai N model.
Hyundai ‘N’ stands for Namyang, Hyundai Motor’s global R&D centre in Korea, where the idea was born, and for the Nürburgring, home to Hyundai Motor’s European Test Center, where the N line-up was further developed and tested. The close connection between Namyang and Nürburgring created the foundation for N, the goal being to deliver driving enjoyment. Symbolising a chicane, the ‘N’ logo embodies this aspect – an agile vehicle that is fun to drive – and represents the ultimate driving experience on winding roads.
Suitable for comfortable daily commuting on weekdays or race track driving on the weekend, KONA N is an everyday sports car. The ‘hot SUV’ offers a wide variety of customisation options in terms of performance and practicality, creating the best feeling for the driver. These include the N Grin Control System, its Electronic Controlled Suspension, Variable Exhaust Valve System, and a wide array of active safety and driver assistance features.
The all-new KONA N is still an SUV at heart on top of its race track capabilities. Whether on the race track or the open road, KONA N delivers uncompromising driving ability. The ‘hot SUV' provides excellent performance on a variety of surfaces, thanks to specially engineered 235/40R19 Pirelli P-Zero high-performance tyres with an “HN” logo, which stands for “Hyundai N”, that provide maximum grip mounted on lightweight, 19-inch forged alloy wheels. For added safety, a high-performance braking system that provides stability in changing driving conditions has been added. It has larger front and rear disc brakes that draw in more air through widened intakes on either side of the car's front bumper for better cooling. High-friction calliper material, a lower arm guide, and a heat shield all help to improve brake efficiency by providing improved cooling and heat endurance.
The all-new KONA N has an Electronic Controlled Suspension (ECS) system that controls the dampening force and improves handling and stability. With the push of a button, drivers can adjust the suspension stiffness to optimise the vehicle's reaction for a variety of driving conditions, whether on the road or race track.
A 10.25-inch digital N cluster with a sporty look and a 10.25-inch AVN touchscreen are included in the all-new KONA N. Race track driving skills are monitored and improved using a Performance Driving Data System. While driving on the race track, the feature saves and displays driving data, such as power, torque, and turbo pressure on the AVN touchscreen. A lap and acceleration timer are also included. The N graphics will also be shown on the Head-up Display (HUD) on the windscreen while driving in Sport or N mode.
Even in a high-performance vehicle, Apple CarPlay, Android Auto, and Bluelink® Connected Car Services make daily driving more convenient. Additional voice recognition capabilities are now included in the all-new KONA N. With a simple voice command, drivers can enable and monitor features, such as climate, rear window and side mirror heating, and steering wheel heating.
The all-new KONA N benefits from Hyundai’s comprehensive five-year unlimited mileage warranty.